small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: Westport Saint Patrick's day run

Tuesday, March 14

Westport Saint Patrick's day run


Saturday I got up around five-thirty in the morning…..and can I say how much it sucks not being able to sleep late on weekends? You work your muthafuckin ass off all fuckin week and when Saturday rolls up instead of laying in bed until noon you find that because of your job or fuckin mindset or what the fuck ever, you still wake up at o-fuckin dark-thirty and no matter how much you try you can’t stay asleep. GODDAMMIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT PISSES THE FUCK OUT’A ME….ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!.......

Anyway, since I was up I went ahead and fixed myself some breakfast using my new supersized George Foreman grill. I used to have one of the small ones but a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted a bigger one plus the bigger ones have the shit where you can remove the plates and give em a proper cleaning. Also I discovered that you can cook the bacon in it and the bacon comes out nicely done and flat, which is very cool. After breakfast I touched base with a friend of mine who I was sponsoring to run in our annual Saint Patrick’s day four mile race which was due to start in a few hours and run right by my apartment.

Yeah, she told me a few weeks ago that she was thinking of running in it and I figured if she wanted to run it I’d go ahead and pay the entry fee. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, I’m helping sponsor another friend in a marathon and I still have to hook up my sister-in-law in a marathon she’s training for. So the race started at ten and my apartment was about the three mile mark and after grabbing my camera and smokes I went out side and waited for everyone to come by. I have to admit I learned some shit that morning about runners.

For one it’s easy to spot the serious muthafuckers cause these boys and girls were popping five minute miles and not even breaking a sweat. Plus I was impressed with how friendly a lot of the runners were. There was a lot of waving and saying of good morning and all that going back and forth so it was very cool. Ooh, also I couldn’t help but notice the huge amount of big chicks running, they weren’t fast but god love em for entering.

There were little kids running with their parents, parents pushing strollers along with the poor son-of-a-bitch who ran the whole race pushing one of those huge double-wide strollers. I saw old folks, people in costumes, just a hugely diverse group of people running. My girl did pretty well for her first four-mile run; she was in the upper half of the pack at the three mile mark and placed very well in her age group. MILF’s rock!

I took a lot of pictures and I tried to take pictures of every hot chick that ran by but I was trying to be discreet and not look like a fat perv so I ended up taking a lot of group shots. The last thing I needed was to have some chick take offence at me trying to take her picture and run up and kick me in the fuckin balls. Next time I’ll have myself one of those long distance telephoto lenses. Anyway I plan on doing this again, the sponsoring thing but with maybe three girls. Maybe I could put em all in Death’s Door t-shirts or something.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home