small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: sweatin the small stuff

Friday, May 12

sweatin the small stuff


Some of the many inside sources are resting up cause later today we’re gonna hook up and go shag bike parts so I’m gonna differ from the usual Friday fare. I was presented with a question this week that even though I’ve been asked it before, I’m still slightly bothered by it.
"Your writing is balls out, straightforward and unvarnished. Does this reflect your attitude and personality in daily life? Or does an online identity/persona lend itself to presenting certain aspects of yourself more than you would otherwise?"
I guess the reason the question bothers me is that I’ve been accused in the past on this blog of using everything from a fake persona to actually having the blog written by more then one person. Fuck, there’s even been times where people doubted whither I’m actually black or not. Something about black folk aren’t supposed to have sense of satire or sarcasm or some such shit.

Anyway, I just want to point out that yes, this blog has, does, and always will reflect my personality. I’m very lucky in the life that I’ve live so far. I’ve met, fucked, drank, fought and hung out with everybody from strippers to famous musicians to the flat out odd. And wither by choice or happenstance I’ve absorbed a bit of every person I’ve every met. I have a family where my every fucked up quirk is if not embraced, supported.

I’ve never thought of myself as a tough guy but after bouncing in bars and clubs for twenty years and getting my ass kicked and giving as good as I got, I think I got a better grip then most muthafuckers on what constitutes a tough guy. And now I have a very cool gig being a hard working minion for the MAN. I’ll never be rich or well off or the cat that walks off into the sunset with the hot chick, but goddammit I’ll never be anything less then what you see.

I guess what I’m saying in all this is that everything you read on this blog is either my opinion of shit, how shit should be, or the shit I’ve done and been exposed too. You can’t make shit like this up and if there’s any doubt about my personality or if this is the “real” me, all you gotta do is ask somebody. Cause bad altitude, bad heart, and everything else that makes me what I am, this is me and that’s all I can tell you.

I just wanted to clear the air especially since after a few years of doing this blog I’m on the home stretch to 100, 000 unique hits which I’m very stoked about. I’ve earned these hits the old fashioned way, a few at a time and by being who I am and I want to thank all of you who read this blog and I really fuckin mean that.

It’s like I tell all the stinkin baggy pants wearin kids. You think you see a pussy? Then you need to step up and see if you can wipe this muthafucker from front to back.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

5 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

Bravo!!!!

You tell 'em!!!

Damn I like your attitude man!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg is every bit the man he appears to be. If he were less of a man, he wouldn't even exist. K Sose

6:38 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

Yea! Booyy! Go Go Gregzilla. Back up off the big guy people and take on someone your own size like me. I stand and back this gentalmen up. He says it like it is in his own words ....Evermore

Walk his walk before you knock his talk...evermore

7:29 PM  
Blogger LL said...

I love the way you write and I know that what I read is just about what I'd hear come out of your mouth if we were sitting in a bar and drinkin' and bullshittin'. You can always tell the genuine from the fakers after a while. It's hard to maintain a facade for long. Hang easy, Greg.

Oh, and what you missed isn't your proclivity, so relax. LOL!!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

You're welcome.

But I should thank you for writing the damn thing. One of these days I'm gonna sneak down to the hurricane and buy you a cocktail. If you accept drinks from strange white men you don't know, and as long as you know just because I'm buying doesn't mean you get a good nights kiss either.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home