small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>Sweatin the small stuff & sayin "shit" alot</strong>

Friday, October 15

Sweatin the small stuff & sayin "shit" alot


I’ve started a new thing in the mornings, which consists of stopping by the Broadway Coffee Shop in Westport for a cup of coffee before I head to the bus stop. Remember I’ve talked before about the two coffee shops next door to each other on Broadway, the Broadway Coffee Shop and the spreading cancerous festering wound that is the corporate Starbucks. My days of pumping my fist in the air in protest and offering to help women burn their bras are long behind me, but there are certain small things I do to “sock it to the Man”. I’ve never been in a Blockbuster video store or a Starbucks coffee shop due to their Walmarteian methodology of setting up shop next door or down the street from local business of the same ilk. And no matter how it’s explained to me how it’s supposed to stimulate growth for everyone involved, I will never stop calling it Nazi logic. But anyway, I’ve been stopping every morning before the bus stop for a cup of coffee and the Broadway Coffee Shop in the early AM is a very pleasant place that serves up a muthafuckin great cup of coffee.


And on the home front, ole Slingblade who lived in the basement has moved out. I really kept expecting one day to come home to find this corn eatin retard squatting in the front yard buck assed nekked covered in chicken blood screaming, “what’s the frequency Dan?” Whilst jacking off to a Britney Spears CD. When I sit in my living room I could hear him talking on the phone in his basement apartment and it was all about the devil and ants eating his cock and all kinds of fucked up shit. But now that he’s gone and won’t be squatting in his spot in the back parking lot, I now have a place to park my bike. Cool. Michelle brought over dinner last night and afterwards headed out to see a sneak preview showing of “Team America”. She called me later to tell me how the movie was. The impression I got from her was that it’s a funny movie and the puppets are cool, but the puppet sex is just wrong. Puppets having sex in the piledriver position has to be seen to be believed?


And in lets revisit some shit department. The artist chick who misspelled the names of famous people in world history on the big art piece outside of the library in California has learned to spell
“FUCK YOU, I AIN'T FIXING SHIT
Remember I talked about her last week and how she did this huge piece of art for this library and fucked it up? Well, she was supposed to fly up at the city’s expense I might add, and fix her fucked up shit. But now she’s telling em to fuck off and that she’s not doing shit because so many people have told her what a beiatch she is and shit. And this is all after she told everyone that the misspelled shit wasn’t her fault. As a matter of fact when asked why didn’t she see shit for what it was whilst she was putting shit together, she said.
"Even though I was on my hands and knees laying the shit out, I didn't see shit." She went on to say that the mistakes wouldn't even register with a true artisan, "and the people that are into humanities, and are into Blake's concept of enlightenment, they are not looking at the words”.
And when asked whether she chose the words and names for the work or whether the city provided her with a list, the artist chick took an artistic stance in response. "The art chose the words," Wow, I sure used “shit” a lot, and this chick is still an uppity non-spelling no concept of customer service doing bitch.


And in ”the whatever” department. I was gonna talk about this blind couple who just left to sail around the world solo on a 32-foot cutter, which I think is some kind of sailboat. And how even though I think it’s cool and all that when disabled people go beyond the so-called limits of their disabilities and shit cause I doubt I could do it and shit. But how I couldn’t quite get what the purpose is of sailing around the world solo whilst blind. It’s like “ok, I’m blind and on the ocean. I can smell the water, taste the salt in the water and feel the spray on my cheek”. Ok, cool, I get that part and I can dig it, but the fact is your ass is blind as a mole and can’t see shit. So it’s not like the tactile sensation of mountain climbing whilst blind or rock climbing or even driving a car. You’re blind in a boat on this huge ocean and the only sensation you have is the boat around you and the waves bouncing your ass around. But then I found out the couple isn’t blind-blind, but only legally blind, so they can see some shit with special tools like special magnifying glasses and shit like that. So I backed off what I was gonna write about at first. But it’s still a cool thing when people go outside of their limitations.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg I knew that you would love Broadway Cafe coffe. I just have to wonder why you didn't try it before? Well, anyway, Heres to anouther blow to the Nazi regime and anouther victory to the free thinking. Enjoy!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home