small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table

Tuesday, January 28

I watched the State of the Union speech tonight. I still consider Bush nothing more then a talking monkey, but at least he didn’t offer a declaration of war. But I’m sure it’ll come, if nothing else he’ll do it so as not to look like a pussie. It was a year ago today that my father died during surgery. So I along with my mother and sister took the day off from our respective jobs and went out and had lunch at Red Lobster. It was my first time in Red Lobster and though my mother and sister had eaten there before and seemed to dig it, I came away unimpressed. Though I was impressed after watching my aged petite mother swallow the entire Captain’s Feast with seemingly no problem. Never disregard the elderly I always say. My sister had some sort of pasta dish and after much fuss on my part I had fish and shrimp. Theme places like that fuck me up along with a menu the size of a magazine. And the place just seemed depressing and dark, and nothing like it looked in the commercials. Plus it was stupid with the elderly and all the while the stinkin hiphop was being pumped through the sound system. All in all a very confusing place. There’s a huge weight loss thing going on amongst all the women at work What they did was put ten bucks into a pot and weighed each other. Then every week they all weigh and if you gained weight you add to the pot. After three months the one that loses the most weight gets whatever the pot is. The shit women come up with fucks me up sometime. The other day they were having this international Chocolate Fair at the Hyatt Hotel across the street across from our office. So I sent out an all hands e-mail telling the ladies so, here I was trying to be helpful and all I got for my troubles was a bunch of angry women accusing me of sabotaging the diet and a stern reprimand from my director telling me to back off of the all hands e-mailing. But it got better, later on in the week one of our guy’s came back from being deployed in Guam for a few weeks. When he came back in the office he laid out six boxes of chocolate covered almonds from Guam along with a tin of nuts and two boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I was back looking over all this shit when some of the ladies suggested I throw it all away, because of course they being on a diet and all they’d never touch it. I left the shit alone until the next day when I happened to walk past the same area to grab some cookies; it looked like a fucking mugging. All I saw was ripped open boxes and crumbs, I bet a lot of women ponyed up the bucks that week. Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home