small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>Christmas message</strong>

Wednesday, December 24

Christmas message

I’m gonna hang back a bit and get a little mellow for a while, imagine that Earth Wind & Fire’s on the box playin a slow funky groove, maybe something like “After the fire is gone”.
“For awhile to love was all we could do
we were young and we knew
and our eyes were alive
Deep inside we knew our love was true
For awhile we paid no mind to the past
we knew love would last
Ev'ry night somethin' right
would invite us to begin the dance”.


Today is Christmas Eve, and I just wanted to get a few things off my chest and maybe thank some folks for the time they put in. First on my list would have to be my family, cause as a muthafucker knows, without your family you gots nothing. My mother and sister allow me to exist as I am, and I thank God every day for em. And even though my Father’s dead, I still want to thank him for doing the job and turning me into the man that I am. And just because he’ll read this and I don’t want em to feel left out, my brother’s ok too. Really, he is.

I want to thank Michelle, who’s a constant rock when I need one. Michelle has become one of the unconditional loves of my life. I also want to thank Mito who lifts me in ways that few can. Both of you flat out fuckin rock and I can’t even begin to thank you all enough. Plus the two of you are all about sporting the big hardbody racks and can a brother say amen? I also want to thank Cassie and Krista who have moved on to new lives. It’s so cool to think of you two as mothers and I envy the both of you. Not that I want a kid or experience the pain of pushing one out, but I envy the whole family thing. I need to thank all my friends who’ve supported me over the past year. You know who you are so I’m not gonna nark you out in public and fuck with your game and shit.
And a very special thank you to all the people who take the time out of their busy schedules to read the site. I hope that I’ve brought a newer insight to the shit we’re exposed too every day, and if I’ve put a smile on your faces or made you frown in confusion or gone out and gotten shitfaced I’ve done my job.

And I’m here to say that if the good Lords willin, in the New Year I’m gonna work harder, live harder, love harder and make you muthafucker’s proud to know my name. I’m gonna expand my horizons and find new things to write about, new ways to express myself. I gonna beard the Man in his own den and reap the rewards of a just cause! Because a muthafucker’s gots to know! A muthafucker’s gots to know that there are too many of us to hold back! In the New Year we shall overcome poverty! In the New Year we shall overcome fear! We shall become as one with the true believer’s! For the Man will soon learn that we are the many and not the few! That there aren’t enough Jackboots to step on all our necks! Up the people! Up the people! Up the people! Can I get a muthafuckin Amen!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home