small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: from the archives........in the end is the beginning

Thursday, January 5

from the archives........in the end is the beginning



It’s been almost three months now. Every night before bed I go look out the back door then the front. I lay alone listening for strange noises hopeful for the best. His stuff is still where he left them, I figure if I move his things it’ll jinx him ever coming back. All this crap you hear about love and loyalty is just that, crap, how can someone you’ve shared over twelve years with just up and leave.

I’ve talked to people in the area because they all knew him. One chick said that he crashed over her place for a week or so; another girl said she woke up from a bad drunk and he was lying in bed next to her. He hung out with her till all the food was gone then split. I spend a lot of time trying to figure what I did wrong. Hell, I even saved his life years ago. We were screwing around in bed and the cord from the air conditioner got wrapped around his leg.

I guess the cord was frayed and the more he struggled the more he got shocked. So I smacked him with a broom to break him loose. He seemed fine after that; kind’a developed a twitch but other then that he seemed good to go. For a bunch of years we lived together in this big ole house on the west side of town. For a while he even developed this strange relationship with this female. It was hard to figure, he just laid around the house and she kept him covered.

But it was ok; I didn’t mind as long as he came around and hung out with me from time to time. It did get kind of ugly one night when I heard this noise coming from the floor near the foot of the bed. I had a suspicion so I grabbed my camera and hit the lights. Damn, there they were. He was on top biting her on the neck banging the crap out of her and smacking that ass so hard that I swore fur was flying.

He never got over the fact that I showed the pictures to all my friends and we ended up moving a year later. Don’t know what ever became of the whore, probably still fuckin everything in sight. Yeah, sorry to say but that’s how that bitch rolled. But all in all we had a good time together and like any other couple we had the bad days with the good. I really miss him when Buffy’s on TV. He used to enjoy lying next to me with his head in my lap. I really do miss my cat.



"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Greg. I have lived most of my life alone but for my pets. I live with 4 German Shepherds and a sassy macaw now. Had 6 for a while and I still miss them.

Get another.
MM

3:23 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

it's actually been seven years I think since my stupid cat left me. and I waited 4 or 5 before I got rid of all his shit. Yeah, this is an old post. still can't bring myself to get another though.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home