small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: Just a few things of small note from the weekend

Monday, February 5

Just a few things of small note from the weekend


I was in the video store Saturday and I was amazed at how attractive and comely the women were looking as they went about their business of picking out movies and shit. Is it just me or do women in the video store look especially good?

Personally I think it’s because as they’re picking out movies I’m catching em with their guard down and to me that makes em look that much more attractive? Minimal makeup and no expectations so the natural beauty and the true person comes out?

This makes me segue to this chick I was observing at the Laundromat on Sunday. Somewhat thin but very attractive and her age could have been anywhere from twenty to thirty for all I knew. But I noticed the oddest thing about her which was as she folded her clothes she kept up a running conversation.

And who was she talking too you might want to ask? She was talking to her socks and underwear and shit. I couldn’t make out clearly what they were talking about but I heard enough to assess that as she folded her clothes she addressed them and talked to em. And you know the thing about it all, it really seemed normal to me and not out of the ordinary.

Actually I found it more then normal, I felt admiration and more then a slight kinship because she was bucking the norm. But then it was all shattered as I held the laundry door open for her as she left and she brightly said “thank you sir”. Am I looking that old these days?

and the monkey flipped the switch

5 Comments:

Blogger Circa Bellum said...

Now Greg, from what you've written about your upbringing, I suspect it's not much different than mine. And my mama always taught us to be polite and respectful to strangers. So I call folks sir and ma'am even if they're younger than me. These days that's getting more and more the case. So you shouldn't take it so personally. Besides, she may have been talking to her panties for all you know...

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time dress up as a sock.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Oh hell. Step into my Way Back Machine for just a minute.

I know that you remember Parody Hall when it was still upstairs on 39th St. That's like what, 35 years ago? I was still a young man!

I was heading upstairs to hear the Morells and the line was unusually slow. Seems they were checking ID on EVERYBODY that night. I figured they must have had an incident.

I go ahead and get out my license. I get up to the door and hand the guy my ID. He looks at me. He glances down at the ID ever so briefly. Looks back at me and says, "That's OK Pops."

I'm in my mid twenties and this punk ass bitch is treating me like I just handed him my AARP card.

Prick.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

She may have been lonley. You could have maybe been a good father figure for her. You could have showed her the Zen way of folding clothes which would have made her happy.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

Didn't you ever stop to think that maybe she's the submissive obedient type who's trained to call everyone Sir? Hmmmm??!

I can't believe that you spent all that time looking at Barbie in Bondage and didn't come up with this association on your own. Thankfully I'm here to help...

And btw, the lady in your picture dresses like me.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home